Sunday, June 07, 2009

Zig Zag Cafe, Seattle

I don't know what I love about Zig Zag more...that it's impossible to find or that the cocktails and service are superb or that it is almost never crowded (even when I've gone on a Saturday evening at 8pm). I may regret telling you about it because it feels like the best kept secret in Seattle, which of course scores it major snobbery points.

Pleasantly pink in ambiance, this watering hole eases you into her jazz-playing bosom. There are these gorgeous, plush half-mooned booths that nestle you in while you read the extensive drink menu which is guaranteed to give you an education on liquors and digestives. Though I am typically a dry martini or makar's manhattan kind of girl, I throw myself willingly into the hands of Erik Hakkinen and Murray Stenson (certainly a Seattle legend) and emerge well-pleased indeed. May I suggest the Armistice and The Turf Cocktail.

For a snob such as myself, there is nothing more embarrassing than bringing a big group into a classy bar, but Zig Zag accommodated our varying tastes and separate checks with grace and ease. Our server even happily and knowledgeably answered my indecisive little sister's questions and suggested drinks according to her taste. To top off our drinks, I had a caesar salad (very good and garlicky) and a lamb burger (light and savory).

Bottom Line
Throw on some class and adventure and saunter down to this swingin' joint

~the secret snob

p.s. Did I mention the outdoor patio?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin